My husband had extremely dry and flaky skin. He would religiously massage body lotion into his skin with a brand name moisturizer filled with a laundry list of “scientific” chemical ingredients. His inflamed skin texture never improved. After trying this natural whipped coconut oil moisturizer my husband has had no more scaliness- his skin has transformed into soft, nourished and moisturized skin. He is a lizard no more!
Benefits Of Organic Body Butter
The skincare hamster wheel – routinely apply commercial lotion, the skin feels moisturized at first but the chemical residue dries the skin out with harsh chemicals and preservatives and get no improvement. A customer for life is born- what a great business model.
Mother Nature has given us plant based oils to help create soft supple skin. Natural plant based oils can remedy dry skin and are actually therapeutic for all skin types. Coconut oil, along with the other ingredients, whip up to a light and creamy consistency and absorb right into the inner dermal layers with no stickiness or greasy residue. And a little goes a long way. Your skin absorbs the oil quickly, and it leaves your skin luxuriously supple all day.
BODY BUTTER INGREDIENTS
-1 1/2 CUPS COCONUT OIL (UNREFINED) (must be in solid state in order to achieve whipped consistency)
-2 tbsp Sunflower Seed Oil
-2 tbsp ALOE VERA GEL
-2 tbsp. shea or cocoa butter (melted down in a double boiler)
-OPTIONAL mix in 20 drops essential oil for a light scent. Some of my favorite scents are vanilla, lavender, peppermint and lemongrass
How To Make Body Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip mixture together until all ingredients are well incorporated (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until mixture has a fluffy, frosting-like consistency. If you’re going to add essential oils, do so at end of mixing. **Make sure the essential oil is well incorporated before you scoop moisturizer into storage container.
- Store coconut oil moisturizer in a glass container.
- Smooth body cream all over body and you will as feel soft as a baby’s behind– just peachy.
- This body oil is a solid until ~76 degrees and then it liquefies. In warm weather months you may want to store this lotion in the fridge or in an air conditioned room to keep the lovely, whipped consistency.
Use What You Have:
- If you don’t have unrefined coconut oil, refined coconut oil can be substituted.
- If you don’t have sunflower seed oil use all olive oil, or part hemp oil or jojoba oil.
- Essential oils are optional, unrefined coconut oil smells great on its own.
- STORE IN GLASS CONTAINER, not plastic especially if you are using essential oils.
- Essential oil(s) may break down materials like certain plastics and potentially leech toxins into the lotion.
- This makes a great body lotion for all skin types! This oil lotion is most effective when applied while your skin is still wet after bathing to lock in moisture. Can also be used as a make-up remover, lip balm (mix in melted beeswax), and massage oil.
Cheers to smooth skin.
- If you don’t feel like DIYing or purchasing all the separate ingredients, choose a scent. Freshly handmade with love from Healthy Homemakers <3 SLICK WHIP!